Skip to main content

playing the bRiDe for a day...


I had no idea what it was all going to be like acting as a bride for just one day for the JOYfm bridal fair. I've never been married, and thought of it as a job I had to do. I always wondered why many peole desired huge celebrations and customs - some of which we do not understand - all because a man and a woman are tying the knot.

The over-concentration on wedding ceremony, where the bride wears a white dress and the groom a suit, for me was somewhat irritating and sometimes people don't know why they do what they do, perhaps because that's what everyone else does.

I want to share my experience as a bride, or rather, acting as a bride. It was beautiful! I don't know if that sums it up. I guess I now know why every girl or most would die for that one special day. It's what you feel on that day. But I didn't know that before. Question - do other women know ahead? Or is it just the anticipation.

Well on that day, I felt like a queen:  looking beautiful, make up done right, an exquisite gown, the ride in the Rolls Royce phantom, the crowd, the paparazzi with their cameras, and all the attention and eyes on me. Call it an adrenaline rush. On the flip side though it was stressful, especially having to keep a smile on a 4/5 inch stilettos.lol
What a day it was! For the most part I think it was all worth it. It is easy to fall in love with your wedding ceremony but what happens to the marriage?

Word of advice to all the single ladies out there, enjoy the wedding day while it lasts, but remember it is only a day!
couldn't have done it without my girls Ofeibea and Lily!
xoxo                                                                                                                                                                                              

Comments

  1. hw did i miss this date..i guess it was cos u guyz didnt mk DPI do the printing for the Magazines...ba u l'oo'k.Charming,lyk a princess

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

WORLD THINKING DAY: PUT ON YOUR THINKING CAP!

Did you know World thinking day was observed across the world yesterday? Well of course, not everyone would know about it but that doesn’t downplay its significance. This day is especially celebrated annually on February 22 by all Girl Guides and Girl Scouts. So for a developing nation like Ghana what does this day mean to us? I sampled some interesting views from the streets. While some opined that as Ghanaians we were thinking others disagreed. The former group speaks out about the problem being implementation and not the lack of creative ideas from critical thinking. For the latter we cannot be thinking if we are plighted as a nation with the most fundamental problems. They argue we are still struggling with our basic needs. Here are some more interesting opinions I gathered; “we must think outside the box and/or try finishing our thinking within the box, avoid thinking about trivialities and confusing worrying for thinking”. So are you thinking? Is Ghana a thinking nation? Renowne...

TEKURA thrills ghanaians at Furnidec fair

Tekura is an emerging brand in the furniture and decor industry.Tekura produces unique and exquisite handcrafted furniture, home accessories and  decorative pieces for local and international markets. At the just ended National Furniture & Decor Fair organized by Xodus communications Tekura stood out as one of many if not the only company with its products uniquely made in Ghana. Visitors passing through admired the unique and beautiful furniture and accessories displayed at the Tekura stand. The great thing about Tekura is their multipurpose products which can fit in every part of the home or office or wherever one desires. Tekura is making Ghana proud with their made in Ghana stools, tables benches, masks, consoles, , mirrors,etc. promoting African art and culture through innovation and creativity. Lets take a quick look at Tekura's background. Tekura was founded in 2000 by husband and wife, Mr. Emmanuel Kweku Forson and Mrs. Josephine Mensah Forson. ...

KILLER ROADS

Killer roads is my first ever documentary that i produced as a broadcast journalist working at Joyfm (an Accra based radio station). So what's the feeling? i don't know...mixed feelings? After the hustle and bustle beside relief, what else? one thing i know is that i am proud of it, after all Killer Roads is my achievement and i'm thankful to god for it. The whole experience of getting into people's lives, their privacy, insecurities,pains,joy is a humbling experience. They are not just anybodys , they are victims of road crashes. So what went into putting together this work? I know it was not my effort only and that's the Joy news team spirit.But life can sometimes be a tough and you would have to fight for what is yours. in the end you become a warrior, so that's not so bad. Back to my queation, sleepless nights and long hours of work, disappointments, frustrations etc...all these brought to life Killer Roads. As a young journalist learning the ropes of ...